Followers

Saturday 17 June 2017

IKE's Art Giger Tribute ATCs



Hi all

As you are probably aware i am a huge Aliens fan, so i wanted to create something that was a bit reminiscent af H. G Giger the artists behind the original Aliens movies. I used the Giger Tribute stamp from IKE's Art and took it from there.

I am playing along with 







I painted a ATC blank with black acrylic paint and used the Short Circuit stencil with modeling paste to create the background.

I then cut up a plastic skeleton and painted it with white gesso and then with black paint. I dry brushed silver metallic paint over the embossed areas and bones.


I used a mould to create the face and facehugger. I used modeling paste in a skeleton hand mold let it set over 24 hrs and then i cut the middle finger off and glued it to the back to make the tail before painting it all in flesh and gluing it to the face.


I used the spine part of the Giger Tribute stamp.



The next ATC was created by painting Texture Sand Paste over the ATC first and then painting it black once dry. I  then added a stencil to a section of the background and painted over the top with silver paint which gave it a weird gooey look.


The creature was created out of air hardening clay and i panted the face with a paint mix of bale blue and pale grey. I just experimented with the amount until i got this deathly pale look. I used clay to create the spine like hair and added a skeletal hand over the face to compete the look. I painted the whole thing black and then rubbed Silver Spark Metallic lustre over the top.


For this ATC i used twxture sand paste on the base and then drywall tape, Painted it all in black and the applied the  Snakes Web stencil over the top and painted it black. I then added the short circuit stencil to one section of the ATC and dry brushed the whole base with Silver Spark Metallic Lustre.


I coloured in the Giger Tribute stamp and cut it up and placed the main body in  the corner of the ATC. The Arms i made using paper clay and i just rolled out some long thin sausages. The hand are the skeleton hands which i attached to the appendages and painted black. The Face was made with a mold and painted with a blue and grey paint mixture.










 







16 comments:

  1. Oh WoWza !!! These are just AWESOME !! I too am an avid fan of sci-fi/horror movies. I just LUV these creations. Thank you so much for using one of my images and for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES with these little beauties :-)
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHH INCREDIBLE I love seeing these darker pieces of art. Keep them coming please. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! what an awesome creation Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
    Ike'sWorld challenge
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love this Katie - it's AWESOME! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just fabulous!!
    Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Susan
    DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of ATCs with loads of textural interest going on! I think the one with the face hugger is my favourite, love the way you've used the skeleton hand on that one. Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever, all of them. I guess even a skelton has to pick its nose from time to time! Thanks for sharing at Dream In Darkness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh wau, I need to find my plastic skeletons too, awesome trio, love the look you have created. Thank you for joining Dream in Darkness, hope to see you back in July.

    ReplyDelete